To Our Avenue F Family
It is by the Grace of God, and persistent prayer that we have decided to reopen our church building this Sunday, October 4, 2020. We continue to pray and ask God to guide us through this process by tending to the spiritual needs and safety of our members. We pray and ask for your patience as we all work through this process to reengage in face to face worship.
We ask everyone to read this message thoroughly. It outlines our process for reopening. It also bullet points the expectations for each of our members who will be attending worship at the building. Lastly, it provides the precautionary actions that will be taken to help ensure the safety of our congregants.
Before you arrive at the building
Please review the following and follow its instruction before attending worship at the building or if you are not yet comfortable being around others at this time, we encourage you to stay home and worship via our online stream options listed below.
- Remain home if you are ill
- Remain at home if you have tested positive for COVID 19
- Remain at home if you have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19
- Complete the COVID 19 Pre-Screen Survey sent via email, print and bring to the building with you
- Check your temperature before leaving home the morning of service, if you are above 100.3, please remain at home and worship with us online for our 10 AM worship service.
- If you have any chronic illnesses such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune, please weigh the risk of returning to the building for worship
- Arrive early for service as there is limited seating. Once at capacity we will not allow additional attendees to enter the building
Member/ Visitor Expectations:
- Complete the COVID Pre-Screen Survey sent via email, print, and bring to the building with you
- Bring and wear your mask at all times while worshiping at the building.
- Mask should remain on at ALL TIMES with the exception of taking communion.
- Entry to the building is only allowed via the parking lot entry all other entrances will remain locked
- Temperature checks by our Health Ministry are required before entering the building.
- Comply with social distancing requirements
- Maintain one empty row in front and behind each seating location
- Maintain 6 feet of distance on each pew by occupying each end of available pews, while leaving the middle of the bench unoccupied, unless one family occupies the entire pew
- Work with door greeters and ushers for help with available seating
- Once provided a seat, please do not move seats
- Refrain from personal contacts such as hugging and handshaking
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer when entering the building
- Continue to wash hands often
- All attendees should remain seated at the end of service until dismissed by ushers
- The sanctuary will be sanitized before and after each service/Bible class
- Hand Sanitizer will be available at entrance for use
- All church personnel will wear gloves and masks when possible to do so
- The Health Ministry will provide required temperature checks before entering the building
- Attendees must repeat entry procedures upon leaving and reentering the building
- Temperatures above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building
- A temperature log sheet will be kept when entering the building
- Attendance will be taken each Sunday to track individuals present at each service
- A picture seating chart will be completed for each service/Bible class to notify anyone near any individual that may have been infected
- Once the building has reached the capacity of 40-44 people, we will not be able to allow others to enter the building.
- Limited overflow seating will be available in the classroom overflow to view service on TV screen
- Prepackaged communion will be provided upon entry into the sanctuary
Sunday Service (until further notice):
8:00 AM Worship
10:00 AM Worship and live streaming
Bible Class (until further notice)
Sunday Adult Bible Class – 9:15 AM – 9:45 AM
Bible Class will also be available via current Webex link on our website
Sunday Youth Bible Class – Will not be available until further notice due to social distancing concerns
Wednesday’s Bible classes for adults and youth will continue to be hosted via live stream on Facebook and YouTube. Wednesday Bible classes will no longer be available via Webex.
Kids 4 Christ
Kids 4 Christ will be canceled until further notice due to social distancing challenges
We continue to ask for everyone’s patience as we work through the process of reengaging in face-to-face worship. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to a member leadership.
Avenue F Leadership